thePoint4, the venue for the tournament, is part of the campus of the Royal National College for the Blind (RNC). It is a state of the art leisure complex which incorporates large public facilities with specialist teaching areas.
- Fully accessible facility for people with disability plus bespoke inclusions designed to assist navigation around the centre for those with visual impairment
- International training arena
- Fitness suite
- Spa and hydrotherapy areas to assist with relaxation and recovery
- Conferencing and meeting rooms for team video analysis
- Onsite accommodation and catering
The outdoor astro pitch, where the all matches will be played, is international standard and includes a score board and the all-important ‘rebound boards’ which form a key part of the game.
The same venue hosted the 2010 Blind World Cup and the team are looking forward to welcoming the European Championships in 2015.
The facilities at thePoint4 are available to hire for a wide range of events and activities from single matches to residential tournaments. Full details, along with information about membership of the gym and leisure classes can be found at this link to venue’s main website. Information on conferencing, accommodation and catering can be found at this link to the on-campus Gardner Hall centre.