Activities at RNC
One of the great things about coming to RNC is the opportunity it provides for making new friends, developing your social confidence and having new experiences that support your personal development outside the classroom.
For students aged 16 to 25, you will be assigned a Pastoral Support Officer (PSO) and they will work with you to make sure you are able to get involved in the social activities you enjoy.
Activities you can take part in can include:
- Animal centre and farm visits
- Arts, ceramics, drawing and printing
- Big Black Mountains Challenge
In May 2014, our students, supported by staff and army reservists, completed the 18 mile challenge – View the Big Black Mountains Facebook gallery
- Bowling trips
- Crafts, knitting and jewellery making
- Cooking and dining club
- Digital Geeks Club – working with RNC social media channels
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- French cooking – cooking French cuisine using French language
- Hair and beauty club
- Horticulture club – includes gardening, landscaping and garden management
- Karaoke, live music and open mic nights
- Language societies
Our students have the option to attend French and Spanish appreciation societies within Herefordshire, speaking with members of the public and practicing their language skills
- Outdoor activities: camping, bush craft, walking
- Performing Arts: music, dance and drama
- Radio production – plan, produce and present your own show
- Shopping trips
- Tech novice café –working with the community to teach basic IT skills
- Theatre trips
- Young Enterprise
- Or, start your own club
This is not the complete list of what RNC can offer so if there is a particular activity that you would like to do, speak to your PSO and they will try their best to help support you to make arrangements and get other students involved.
Please be aware that while the College will pay for as many activities as we can, participation in some activities will require an additional cost from the student. Detailed costs of any activities will be made clear when any trips are advertised on campus.
Hereford itself also has many activities available, both in the day and night, including food and arts festivals, markets, and places to eat, drink and shop in the city centre. Things to do in Hereford