Have a Go Weekend
Date(s) - 16/02/2019 - 17/02/2019
11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Have a Go Weekend
During the weekend you will meet other people of your own age, make friends and have fun in a safe and inclusive environment. You will stay in your own room in our halls of residence and you will experience what it’s like to live the life of an RNC student.
Typical activities at the Have a Go weekends involve;
- Sports such as judo, golf and bowling
- Music, media and performing arts
- Exploring the independent living skills kitchen
- Taster sessions of RNC’s academic subjects
The Have a Go weekends at RNC are free for young people aged 13 to 17 with a visual impairment to attend. Free accommodation is also provided for an accompanying parent/guardian, and siblings are welcome too!
Parents and guardians will be on a separate programme to the young people during the weekend and will have the opportunity to tour the College campus and meet with key RNC staff members including representatives from;
- Independent living skills
Previous attendees on our Have a Go weekends have said;
- “College is great, it makes me feel like everyone else.”
- “The event was really useful for gaining an overview of the college facilities and learning from some staff and parents.”
- “Couldn’t have asked for better, made my daughter feel at home.”
- “We love this place, it is so empowering for the young people. The support mixed with the encouragement to be independent and try new things is unique and very special.”
- “Brilliant weekend, thank you so much for letting us come. We have learnt so much and had a great time. Sam is keen to join you when he’s old enough.”
SIGN UP NOW!
If you would like to experience RNC for yourself, complete the application form below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to secure your place!
For more information, or if you have any questions;
Call 01432 376 621