Social Life for Students Under 18
One of the great things about coming to RNC is the opportunity it provides for making new friends, developing your social confidence and having new experiences that support your personal development outside the classroom.
You will be supported through a wide range of activities to broaden your circle of friends and develop new interests and skills. Your Pastoral Support Officer (PSO) will work with you to make sure you are able to get involved in the social activities that you enjoy.
There are always lots of things going on at RNC and the activities you may take part in can include:
- Big Black Mountains Challenge
- Crafts, knitting and jewellery making
- Creative arts: art, ceramics, music, dance and drama
- Clubs: cooking and dining, photography, gardening
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Karaoke, live music and open mic nights
- Language Societies
- Outdoor activities: camping, bush craft, walking
- RNC Radio Station
- Shopping trips
- Visits: theatre, cinema, farms, animal centres
- Young Enterprise
- Or, start your own club
- Angling (fishing)
- Exercise classes
- VI Boccia
- Or, suggest sports that you’re interested in
This is not the complete list of what RNC can offer so if there is a particular activity or sport that you would like to do, speak to your PSO and they can help and support you to make arrangements and get other students involved.
Hereford itself has many activities available both in the day and night including food and arts festivals, markets, and places to eat, drink and shop in the city centre. Please visit our Living in Hereford page